5/7/10

I know I'm really late to the party here, but I just saw the Kiera Knightley version of Pride & Prejudice and loved it! I actually tried to watch it back when it first came out on DVD, but truth be told, I hated the idea of Kiera as Lizzy Bennet from the beginning so I just couldn't get through it.

After a time, I finally decided that I hadn't given it a fair chance - and thank goodness I did! The cinematography was gorgeous. The swing sequence in particular was beautifully shot. Even though no one can touch Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy, Matthew Macfadyen grew on me by the end. I'm such a sap, but I loved the very last scene where you actually get to see Lizzy and Darcy post-marriage at Pemberly. The book never quite satisfied me in that respect, so it was nice to get a little pay off. :)
*images property of Focus Features and Universal 

6 comments:

Courtney Chow said...

I am a little embarrassed to say that this version of P&P is probably my most watched DVD...I didn't know it at first but I think at some point it started to effect my photographic style. I love all the captures that you included here!

hip hip gin gin said...

Oh I loved this movie so much! I was very skeptical about Kiera as well, but it worked. Now I want to see it again! And I'm with you, Colin Firth is the best Darcy in my book!!

mariel4985 said...

courtney - I think I may eventually surpass your amount of viewings; it's so, so good! I feel an obsession coming on. :)

Em - Give in! Watch it again! I am such a bad influence. :)

the NEO-traditionalist said...

I like her well enough, but I wasn't ecstatic about the casting either. It was pretty good though, wasn't it? Almost as good as the BBC version : )

XX katie

P.S. Your napkins shipped this morning! Hope you love them! XX

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

P.S. I think I'm chopping my hair pixie short and before the wedding. I think we need to discuss this... XX

mariel4985 said...

Yay, pretty napkins!

P.S. Um, YES. We definitely need to discuss this!